Here is a selection of schools that offer tennis and education programmes, and their contact details to find out more:
- Repton’s Tennis is nationally renowned – members of the Top Squad train on a daily basis throughout the year, have international rankings and travel on the ITF and ETA circuits.
- The School’s Tennis facilities include indoor and outdoor, all-weather courts, fitness suite, video room, and a sports retail outlet with re-string service, as well as dedicated professional coaches.
- Scholarships and Bursaries are available for talented performers who will make a significant contribution to sport at Repton, at both 13+ and 16+.
St Domonic’s Brewood
- St Domonic’s Brewood is an independent school for girls and boys aged 3 – 11 and girls only from 11 – 18.
- Tennis Scholarships are offered for girls in years 6 – 12
- The school offers a discount on fees, specialist coaching, financial support towards equipment and a bespoke curriculum to support tennis training requirements.
- For further information please contact email@example.com
Claires Court School
- Claires Court School is an independent school for boys and girls aged 3-18.
- The Living Tennis Pro Academy at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre has an exclusive discount with Claires Court for Living Tennis Pro Academy players
- With 4 indoor courts, 4 floodlit outdoor acrylic courts and 4 artificial clay courts, the Living Tennis Pro Academy trains at one of the best facilities in the country including full board on site.
- For further information, please contact Paul Delgado, Director of Living Tennis on firstname.lastname@example.org
Gosling Sports Park and North Herts College
- Gosling Sports Park, North Herts College and the LTA have teamed up to offer a Btec course designed to develop coaching skills and enhance tennis skills through an internationally recognised qualification.
- The course is is vocational. It consists of a series of live projects which involve working with world class experts and committed players. Each student will have an individual performance plan designed by our expert team to give every student the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- The course is fully funded except for registration fee and is open to anyone aged between 16-18 with a rating of 9.2 and above.
- For course details and further information contact Christine Hildreth (email@example.com)
New Hall School
- New Hall School is an independent boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 3-18.
- The school offers scholarship programme for high performance players and work closely with Compete Tennis at Redbridge.
- The coaching programme offers individual, group and strength and conditioning sessions on site all year round.
- For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queenswood has an outstanding reputation for tennis.
- Superb facilities and a dynamic coaching team place them at the forefront of schools offering tennis.
- With a total of 27 courts – two indoor, 13 artificial grass and 12 American ‘fast-dry’ green clay courts – Queenswood is one of the largest centres of its kind in the country
- The Appeti Tennis School is a partnership between Appeti Tennis and The Canterbury Academy. The partnership is designed to provide a tailored programme of tennis and education to aspiring tennis players between the ages of 10 and 18
- Each pupil receives a dedicated programme of tennis and education during an extended school day including core academic subjects, french and spanish, supervised private study time, individual and group tennis and psychology coaching and individual and group fitness training.
- For further information please contact Helen Shattower, Tennis School Manager at email@example.com
Cheam High School
- Cheam High School is a mixed 11-19 Comprehensive School with 1,750 pupils on roll.
- In September 1993 Cheam formed a partnership with The Sutton Tennis Academy to create the Cheam High School Tennis Scholarship Scheme, enabling players to combine educational study and tennis.
- Cheam High School
- Culford is a co-educational day and boarding school offering education from aged 3 all the way through to 18 years of age.
- A well developed club and community programme on site and a strong link with the local school sport programme.
- The school has a strong tennis scholarship package, entitling scholarship players up to 25% off their education as well as 25% off their tennis fees.
- Prior’s Field is a GSA boarding and day school for girls aged 11-18 in Godalming, Surrey. Its tennis academy was established in 2011 for pupils demonstrating exceptional tennis ability, ideally with a minimum rating of 8.2 at age 11 (Year 7), though 9.1 will be considered.
- Tennis academy elite players receive a daily, flexible programme of tennis coaching (including sports physiology, fitness training and nutrition advice) and academic education, individually tailored, on one site.
- The Director of the tennis academy is Jorge Martin Munoz, former UAE Davis Cup Captain and coach to former ATP top 70 players, WTP top 27 and ITF junior players.
Reed’s Tennis School
- Reed’s is one of the country’s leading tennis school having won over thirty national titles since 2003 and two World Schools’ Championships (in 2009 and 2011).
- The school offers tennis scholarships, worth up to 50% of fees, to players of outstanding potential or ability. The players receive a world-class tennis programme and a flexible academic programme at an excellent school.
- Reed’s has an established track record of sending tennis players onto the professional tour or gaining them top American University scholarships.
St Bedes School
- St Bedes offer scholarships for tennis 25 – 35% of fees
- The players train 3 times a week at Esporta Brighton
Surbiton High School
- Surbiton High School for girls is now offering tennis specific scholarships for high performance players.
- The tennis programme will offer the girls maximum hours on court with minimal disruption to their school day. It is run by the new fiull time Head of Tennis and new full time assistant coach who are looking to drive tennis forwards at the school.
- Surbiton have already had applications from several county/national players and are looking to strengthen their squads.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Castle Court Prep School
- Castle Court is a co-educational day prep school for children from the age of 2-13, with over 345 children on roll
- The tennis academy, established in 2012, has already produced fantastic results with members having won the IAPS boys’ U12 IAPS singles final twice, and the boys’ doubles at the IAPS national finals, as well as appearing on the national and international tennis circuit on the Nike national tour and in Tennis Europe events.
- The children in the Castle Court Tennis Academy are supported in a number of ways: they receive individual tennis coaching during school hours at the time that is most appropriate to them; the school arranges transport for them to attend squad coaching sessions at West Hants and they have access to a separate timetable and a tutor to ensure that they are able to keep on top of their academic studies.
- Millfield and Millfield Preparatory School offer a number of awards, with scholarships worth up to 50% of fees available.
- Many players choose to continue high level tennis alongside a degree course at Bath University as it offers the facilities to combine the two.
- Millfield tennis, in conjunction with college placement agencies, has wide-ranging contacts with coaches and players at American universities.
- Sherfield is an independent day and boarding school nestled into 75 acres of North Hampshire countryside and within 1 hour of London.
- In September 2014 Sherfield teamed up with Totally Tennis, Basingstoke to offer an integrated tennis scholarship programme designed to suit the needs of the dedicated and aspiring young tennis player.
- Students benefit from individual tennis coaching from LTA qualified professionals during school hours.
- For further information please contact Jim Philbin, Partnerships Manager, at; email@example.com
Talbot Heath Tennis Academy
- No. 1 tennis school for girls in Great Britain (based on Team Tennis Schools end of year rankings in 2017), the programme was established in 2007 in conjunction with the West Hants Club and has a reputation for producing national and international standard players.
- The programme offers an opportunity for any girl to pursue their tennis aspirations within an outstanding academic school (no 1. in Dorset based on 2018 A Level and EPQ results).
- Academy members are offered 50% off school fees.
- Girls can live at Talbot Heath and are cared for in a small family environment. Tennis academy pupils from out of the area enjoy living amongst team mates and Talbot heath day pupils, in the award winning Boarding House.
- For further informtion please contact Kerry Wills, Head of Admissions on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ffynone House School, Swansea
- A co-educational independent school for 11-18 years old with outstanding academic results, Ffynone launched a tennis scholarship in 2013 worth up to 50%, aimed at performance standard players.
- Players train during the day at Swansea Tennis Centre with an individual timetable tailored around tennis sessions and transport is provided to and from the centre.
- The school is looking to develop its squads further and anyone interested should contact headteacher Mrs Nicola Walker on 01792 464967 or email@example.com