Sunday 23rd September, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Loughborough University Tennis Centre, LE11 3TS
Lead Coach: Rob Cross, TF Performance Coach
This clinic is aimed at players who want to improve their wheelchair tennis skills so that they may compete and / or improve their regular level of play. It’s targeting players who are over 14 year’s old and have been playing for a min of 6 months on a monthly or weekly basis.
We are using the latest techniques and proven successful player centred approach taken from our GB Wheelchair tennis team and adapting them to suit your strengths and weaknesses, leaving you with a clear plan on what and how to improve your game. Improve your wheelchair tennis skills and knowledge including:
- Serving and returning
- Game tactics
- Video analysis & advice around strength & conditioning
We welcome players of any background. If you are unsure if your ability level is suitable for this course please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have video analysis to demonstrate great examples of technique and game play as well as to highlight your own performance during the day. You will also gain important advice around strength & conditioning as well as a touch on nutrition. We take an all-round player centred approach!
There are limited spaces accepted on a first come basis so book your place now!
• The clinic costs £30 per person; this does not include lunch or refreshments.
• We will have tennis wheelchairs for those who do not have their own chair to use for the day. Please let us know if you require a chair and what size you require, this will be on the booking form.
• The Tennis Centre is accessible with accessible entry, toilets and changing rooms.
• There is a café on the university campus or alternatively bring your own lunch with you. There is a limited selection of confectionary, tea & coffee and water fountains directly in the tennis centre.
• There is a minimum age limit of 14 years old and a course limit of 14 players.
Bring Your Coach!
We really want your coach to be involved in this day and are hoping you can bring them with you. We are always on the lookout for great coaches to work with and develop so in turn they can develop their players using the hugely successful GB elite practices.
We will offer 3 credit points for those who do attend for at least 2hrs.
Please ask your coach to contact Rob directly on Rob.Cross@tennisfoundation.org.uk to book on. Note there is no cost involved.