Three workshops for tutors and coaches are being held across the country in November, providing attendees with greater experience and confidence in knowing what adaptations and reasonable adjustments are required to either deliver a disability specific session and/or an inclusive session
This very practical course is aimed at Tennis Tutors and Coaches (level 2 and above) who wish to increase their experience in adapting tennis to integrate and coach people with a disability. We recommend this as a ‘must attend’ event for any tutor of the Level 3 coaching qualification particularly as a follow on to recent LTA and Tennis Foundation tutor training.
TUTOR & COACH DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP – DISABILITY INCLUSION TRAINING
To book, click on the workshop date and venue you wish to attend below:
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Fully understand and put into practise the Tennis Inclusion and STEPS model to suit a range of disabilities
- Understand the current landscape of disability and tennis, including updated terminology, so you can adapt your ability to attract a new audience, with income generation potential
- Understand the range of adaptations and reasonable adjustments that can be provided to increase access in tennis
- How to use a range of adaptive equipment to aid learning; you will be armed with dozens of drills and tactics
- To be able to deliver tennis sessions with disabled players; we will be bringing a group of people with a learning disability (or another impairment) to the workshop for you to work with
The duration of the workshop is approximately 4 hours, including a break, and will take place primarily on the court. This course has been approved by the LTA for 4 credits (as a coach or tutor). The minimum age to attend is 16 years old and we welcome coaches of all ages and backgrounds to the workshop.