Lives: Tiverton, Devon
Peter started playing deaf tennis aged 17 after a national coach saw him competing against hearing players at a British Tour event in Taunton and persuaded him to attend a Deaf tennis training camp. Peter has since gone on to represent Great Britain in numerous international Deaf tennis events including the Dresse Cup, Deaflympics, European Championships and World Championships. Peter has continued to compete in numerous LTA sanctioned events and has also built a successful career as a tennis coach in both the UK and USA. Peter enjoys watching a variety of sports, especially tennis and football, and is also a keen sky diver.
- Twelve-time Men’s Singles National Champion
- Fifteen-time Men’s Doubles National Champion
- Four-time Mixed doubles National Champion
- 2005 Deaflympics Men’s Singles 4th Place
- 2003 Dresse Cup* Men’s Team Silver Medallist
*Dresse Cup is the equivalent of the Davis Cup for Deaf tennis.