Lives: Burderop, Wiltshire
Lewis started playing tennis aged 14. As a junior he competed in numerous tournaments around the country including British Tour events. He joined the Deaf Tennis Performance Programme in 2001, aged 16. From the age of 17 he opted to play full time tennis with the PTR academy in London and went on to represent Great Britain in numerous international Deaf tennis events including the Dresse Cup, Deaflympics, European Championships and World Championships. Lewis has built a successful coaching career alongside is playing career and he is currently joint head coach at Ramsbury Tennis Club in Wiltshire.
- 2018 World Deaf Tennis Team Championships – Dresse Cup – silver medallist
- Two-time Men’s Singles National Champion
- Six-time Men’s Doubles National Champion
- Four-time Mixed Doubles National Champion
- 2016 European Deaf Tennis Championships Men’s Doubles bronze medallist (with Jack Clifton)
- 2012 European Deaf Tennis Championships Mixed Doubles bronze medallist (with Cathy Fletcher)
- 2006 Austrian Open Mixed Doubles bronze medallist
- 2004 Took part in the first ever deaf tennis exhibition match to be played at The Championships, Wimbledon
- 2003 Dresse Cup* Men’s Team silver medallist
*Dresse Cup is the equivalent of the Davis Cup for Deaf tennis.