We couldn’t do what we do without the support of amazing volunteers – and the Tennis Foundation is extremely grateful to all of those who give up their time to help us in making tennis an inclusive sport that is accessible to all people and all communities.
There are always opportunities to volunteer- some of the current opportunities are listed below but if you want to know more about getting involved please email email@example.com – you won’t regret it!
LATEST VOLUNTEER OPPORTUITIES
Please see below our latest volunteering opportunities:
Visually Impaired National Championships (6 – 8 October 2017 – Loughborough University)
This October, the National Visually Impaired Tennis Championships are taking place at Loughborough University Tennis Centre. The players have competed in 6 regional tournaments in order to qualify for this year’s Championships. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help contribute towards the smooth running of this exciting tournament. As well as needing General Volunteers, we have identified some key, dedicated roles that we are keen to put in place to improve the experience of the tournament for everyone. Lunch and a volunteer t-shirt will be provided.
- Player Liaison – Finding and informing players that they are required on court for their match
- Court Monitor – Working alongside the Player Liaison, the court monitor will be watching matches on court to see when they finish so that players are ready for the next match
- On Court Assistants – Helping players get into position on court, retrieving balls for players, updating the match score on the scoreboard (tennis experience not necessarily required) and assisting players around the venue
- Survey Scout – Collecting feedback from players & volunteers on the Sunday
Learning Disability National Championships (27 – 29 October 2017 – Nottingham Tennis Centre)
We are looking for volunteers to be court assistants to help guide players through their match helping with ball collection and positioning. If you can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bath Indoor Wheelchair Tennis Tournament (13 – 18 November 2017 – Bath)
We need volunteer drivers to help with airport pick-ups, drop-offs and shuttle runs throughout the tournament. Drivers must be over 21 and have a D1 standard licence. If you can help, please email email@example.com.
NEC Wheelchair Tennis Masters (29 Nov – 3 Dec 2017 – Loughborough University)
Event volunteers – we have various roles we need volunteers for to ensure the event runs smoothly, from welcoming spectators and helping out in the activity zone to being a member of our ball crew! To register your interest complete the relevant form below and we will get back to you!
- Volunteer application from: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TFVolunteer
- Ball crew application from: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BCrew
The Tennis Foundation also has capacity to offer vocational experience opportunities to volunteers – some examples of which are below – for the above events and more. Should you be interested please in any of these or others, please get in touch!
- Photographer (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Event Branding Set Up (please email email@example.com for details)
- Marketing & event promotion (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Communications & social media support (please email email@example.com for details)