University Tennis Coordinators
For more information about our University Tennis Coordinators and to see some of our former UTC’s talking about their experiences at university and has this has helped to support them with career opportunities, please click here.
For current University Tennis Coordinator roles check out our career page.
University Ambassadors will be asked to target their work around 3 main areas:
- Fresher’s Fayre and Follow On Activity
- University Recreational Team Competition
- Volunteer Engagement
To assist University Ambassadors in the planning of their work throughout the academic year, these students were invited to attend University Training at the start of the academic year. Click here to view the National Ambassador Training Day Presentations.
College Tennis Ambassadors will focus on supporting other students in experiencing tennis both on and off court. Applications have now closed to be a College Ambassador for 2017-18. Further information as to how to become an ambassador at your college in 2018-19 will be available on the website.
Student Tennis Network
The Student Tennis Network has been designed to give university students the opportunity to engage with various British Tennis employees and gain insight into their role. Students chosen for the scheme will receive a range of mentoring and career development opportunities to help them become the future British Tennis workforce.
What is the Student Tennis Network?
- Opportunity to engage with various British Tennis employees, and gain insights into their roles
- Mentoring phone calls 3 x year
- Opportunity to develop your own employability skills through CV building training and completing an agreed tennis project
- Skill Development Workshops
- Opportunity to develop and lead on a project to develop your skills
- International trip for selected students to France
- Opportunity to learn from the other students from other colleges, universities who are in a similar position to you
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be currently studying at university
- Have a strong interest in Tennis
- Have experience of leading on / assisting on a Tennis project (either paid or volunteer role)
- Be a University Tennis Coordinator, University Tennis Ambassador, or actively involved in a university tennis programme
- Committed to attending national training events
- Committed to completing an online training programme on ‘My Training Diary’ and contributing to the evaluation of the programme
Applicants will be notified as to whether they have been successful by Friday 19th October 2018. If you have any queries regarding the programme, please contact Paul Cummins, FE and Education Projects Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org