Schools are full of children and young people who’d love the chance to play tennis. Local tennis clubs would love to see more young people taking up the game – so let’s bring the two together. School Club Links enable pupils to further their enjoyment, skills and experiences by continuing to play tennis in their local community, whilst adding value to a school’s offer to their pupils. The Tennis Foundation aims to provide as many opportunities as possible for children and young people to get involved in tennis.
Here’s what a school club link can offer a school:
- More opportunities for your pupils to become healthier and happier, through tennis
- Raise the school’s profile in the community
- Access to expert qualified coaches who can support the professional development of teachers and school staff
- Shared facilities and equipment
- Great venue for out-of-hours tennis clubs
- Increased awareness of local tennis opportunities for pupils, teachers and families
- Inspiration, encouragement and motivation for pupils, showing them how they can become players, coaches and volunteers
- Healthier & more physically active pupils – improving standards across the school
Looking for a local tennis coach?
If you are looking for a Tennis Coach to support tennis activity at your school, please use the Find a Coach tool to locate and contact accredited LTA coaches in your area.